Where Honesty Never Ends.
Note: This electronic copy of the book was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.
Greetings! Welcome to The Review Board. Today we give our thoughts on Delilah Dusticle’s Transylvanian Adventure by A.J. York. Without further delay, the Unleashed One.
Delilah Dusticle’s Transylvanian Adventure picks up where its predecessor left off. The business that Delilah and Abi are operating has increased in popularity and demand—so much so that Transylvania calls for Delilah’s special skills. When she travels to Transylvania alone, she discovers that all is not as it seems and finds out new information about others, as well as her.
To say anything further would give some significant spoilers, and on that, I will refrain. However, I will reveal key things that I found favorable about the book, and things (if applicable) need improvement.
This slight drawback is the same that I had for the first book. I would have liked to have seen a tad bit more illustrations in the book, beyond the ones that just appear at the start of the chapters. This comes to mind because of the target audience (8-12), and I think the visuals would go well with a story that is packed with so much action.
All right, let’s move on to the things I adore.
1. Even if you haven’t read the first book (Delilah Dusticle), this book can still serve as a standalone work. You get the general idea of what happened in the first with a very quick recap.
2. The content of this book is of a quicker pace which suits the rhythm of magic and fantasy.
3. The unusual makeup of the characters, particularly the ones in Transylvania, really ticked my fancy. My favorite one was Winnie, the Count himself.
4. The magical component really came to life in this one and made me get more invested in Delilah’s history.
5. The supporting characters that aided Delilah provided the right comic relief to balance out the nicely placed tension through the read.
6. All levels of syntax—wonderfully done.
7. The abstract drawing of the count on the cover was terrific and coincided with the 8-12 target audience, along with the adorable trailer made for the book.
Unleashed Verdict (and overall TRB verdict):
9 out of 10 Stars
It was quite a treat to read this second installment of the series. The message of just being yourself was very strong throughout, along with the promotion of friendship and teamwork. With the incorporation of more illustrations in the interior and sticking with the full development of magic and fantasy, the Delilah Dusticle collection is one that youngsters and adults alike can follow along with and appreciate.
Thanks for checking out The Review Board. Don’t hesitate to subscribe, share, and like. Have a terrific day!