Where Honesty Never Ends.
On this installment of Truth on the Side, Mini Truth gives her take on Andrea’s Demon.
This was an interesting read for me. I enjoyed it very much.
Joseph, a psychiatrist find’s out that his wife, whom he adores, has a very similar problem as his mother once did. A recurring nightmare of a demon (the devil) that threatens to kill her in her sleep as it once did her sister.
Joseph decides that he must help his wife with the gift (or cures) which he’s been bestowed.
Some of the things that I’ve learned to love about this author are as follows:
* Simple and alluring form of writing. I like to call it “easy going”. The author has a way of easily painting a picture in the readers mind without using too many or too little words.
* The work, although scary, is not gory.
* Great pace and form in the story. The narration keeps a steady beat.
* Good character growth.
* Being that this is a short read (a novella) the author does a great job of summing up the story in very little words.
Some of the things I enjoyed about the story:
* The characters seemed real and believable. Although there is not real physical description of them, your mind seems to form a vivid image of each character simply by the way the prose are written.
* The love story behind the horror. Jo’s and Andrea’s love rings true and it makes the story even better.
* The horror bits. They were well written and came to life in your mind.
* The relationship between Andrea and her sister Jessica.
My only protest:
* The ending. It was a bit of a cliffhanger without any real resolution. However the author does offer a peak into the next installment at the end. This IS an episode so the cliffhanger makes sense. My only complaint is that I was knee deep in the story when it cuts off.
TRB wise, I grant this 8 out of 10 Stars. Thanks for stopping by. Like, share, comment and subscribe! Have a wonderful day!